Employee Health & Safety Loading...
We believe that providing a safe working and shopping environment for our employees and customers is fundamental to our success as a business. To achieve this goal, we are committed to maintaining a comprehensive safety program that complies with all applicable safety and health laws, and conforms to the best practices of the retail industry.The Sears Holdings Safety Team is responsible for establishing the strategies and policies that govern our corporate safety program. They provide training, communication and coaching for our Sears Holdings facilities, all of which are required to implement local safety programs and establish local safety teams. Our local safety teams are responsible for reviewing the safety program for their location, conducting monthly safety inspections, reporting safety performance and accident information, as well as measuring key results and tracking key safety activities. As a company, we track metrics such as hours of safety training, number of incidents and worker days lost as measures of success in the program.
Several of our 2017 safety milestones include:
- Tire Distribution Center (Dallas, Texas) - celebrated ten years without a lost time accident
- Direct Delivery Center (Stockton, Calif.) - celebrated zero accidents from the time the center began operations (April 2008)
- Retail Replenishment Center (Jacksonville, Fla.) - celebrated nine years without a lost time accident
- Retail Replenishment Center (Garland, Texas) - celebrated six years without a lost time accident
- Direct Delivery Center (Pendergrass, Ga.) - celebrated four years without a lost time accident